I am an FWF Erwin-Schrödinger Postdoctorial Fellow in the group of Alan Aspuru-Guzik at University of Toronto and Vector Institute for Artificial Intelligence. Before that I was doing my PhD (and 1year Postdoc) in Anton Zeilinger’s group in Vienna.
I develope computer programs which inspire new types of quantum experiments, and which help to undercover new ideas and techniques in quantum physics. Currently I combine these ideas with chemistry and material discovery.
I am excited about the potential of computer-inspired and computer-augmented science, which requires one to understand how humans do science (for example, understand what one considers as creative or surprising).
My goal is to create an algorithm which helps us to uncover secrets of the Universe.
- since 01.2019: University of Toronto (Department of Chemistry) & Vector Institute for Artificial Intelligence
- Postdoctoral Fellow (group of Alan Aspuru-Guzik)
- 12.2017-12.2018: University of Vienna (Faculty of Physics) & IQOQI Vienna
- Postdoctoral Fellow (group of Anton Zeilinger)
- 10.2012 – 11.2017: University of Vienna (Faculty of Physics) & IQOQI Vienna
- Graduate research assistant (Pre Doc) (group of Anton Zeilinger)
- 2012-11.2017: PhD in Physics at University of Vienna in the group of Anton Zeilinger:
- Quantum experiments with spatial modes of photons in large real and Hilbert spaces.
- Finished with distinction
- 2009-09.2012: Master studies at Vienna’s University of Technology.
- Master thesis in the group of Anton Zeilinger.
- Investigation of complex spatial mode structures of photons.
- Finished with distinction.
- 2006-06.2009: Bachelor studies at Vienna’s University of Technology.
- Bachelor thesis in the group of Manfried Faber.
- SU(3)-Soliton-Fields on a Lattice
- 2005: A-Level exams (Matura)
download cv (August 2019)